Client Services Manager
We are an SEO agency that manages SEO campaigns and content marketing for eCommerce brands and software companies in the United States and Europe such as Citizen Watch, DIFF Eyewear, Bulova, Goat.com and many, many more global brands.
We are looking for an experienced Client Services professional with at least 3 years in an agency setting who will manage the day-to-day operations of our client services team.
The perfect candidate will have a proven track record as a team leader and be a problem-solver who can tackle challenges head-on by independently managing a team of marketing professionals. This individual will be uniquely qualified to lead the team in maximizing the value we offer our clients.
This role is in charge of managing our Client Services team staff, ensuring client results, and communicating with clients to ensure that they are satisfied and issues are promptly resolved.
We are looking for someone full-time remote (9-5pm ET, with some flexibility for the right person), from within US Eastern or Central time zones.
This role will report to the Director of Client Services. The Client Services Manager is responsible for client retention, staff retention, and ensuring client project profitability.
The ideal candidate is as excited by helping clients achieve marketing success as they are by leading a team of driven marketing professionals in overcoming day-to-day challenges. They will be able to assess problems from a high level and present tactical solutions. They are strong with processes and able to operationalize efficient, scalable SOPs.
They possess strong interpersonal skills. With their team, this means the ability to motivate, provide constructive feedback, and coach. With our clients, this means the ability to hear concerns, understand ambitions, and “speak the client’s language.”
The Client Services Manager will:
- Provide oversight and management of the Client Services team, ensuring they are delivering an exceptional client experience.
- Interact and build relationships with clients while ensuring their needs are being met
- Serve as front-line for complex client and personnel problems
- Develop creative ways to provide an exceptional client experience
- Resolve complex client problems or disputes in a professional manner
- Coach and support team members to help them meet departmental goals, including retention, revenue, and profitability goals
- Track departmental KPIs on a weekly basis
- Consult on and/or lead several key client accounts
- Personally manage the team leads, including one-on-ones, growth plans, and performance reviews
- Manage team capacity to:
- Allow the company to hit growth goals (i.e. take on new clients)
- Minimize team burn-out and turnover
- Lead upsell and contract extension opportunities
- Run quarterly client check-in calls to identify issues and new opportunities on projects
- Develop, operationalize, and oversee processes that allow the CS team to run effectively and efficiently
- Coordinate collaborations between CS team members and other departments at the company
- Determine hiring priorities, interview candidates, and make suggestions for hiring decisions to the Director of Client Services
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university in a related field
- At least 3 years of client management experience, preferably with an agency
- A minimum of 2 years of project or account management experience
- A minimum of 2 years of people management experience
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills to manage and develop a team
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent presentation skills, including the ability to present and interact at the C-level with internal and external stakeholders.
- Analytical prowess (loves a good spreadsheet)
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Familiarity with the financial metrics that are most important to an agency (gross profit, net profit, utilization)
- People management training and certifications
- Digital marketing experience
- SEO experience
- Ecommerce/B2C experience
- Startup experience
- Remote management experience
- Experience working with data
- Knowledge of EOS (the Entrepreneurial Operating System)
- Familiarity with Shopify, Wordpress, and other modern CMS
We love what we do. We are looking for team members who are passionate about growing professionally and applying their expertise to support the success of our clients and our company.
We live our core values everyday:
- PASSION FOR LEARNING – Pursue continuous learning with passion, enthusiasm and curiosity. Failures are expected and valued as learning opportunities.
- TEAM FIRST – Put team success ahead of personal glory and avoid unnecessary competition.
- LET DATA GUIDE YOU – Challenge opinions not supported by data. Evidence based on facts and hard numbers is the best basis for decision-making.
- GET THE DETAILS RIGHT – Sweating the small stuff is the difference between mediocre and magnificent.
- TAKE OWNERSHIP – Celebrate successes and take full responsibility for negative outcomes. Always ask what you could have done better and never shift blame to others.
Base Salary: $75,000 - 95,000
- 401k match up to 4%
- Health and dental insurance
- 15 days of vacation and 5 days paid sick leave
- 10 paid holidays
- exceptional training/skills development within the organization
- $3000 in paid training and education programs annually
- $500 annual wellness stipend
- $750 annual remote work stipend
If this sparks your interest, we are looking forward to seeing your application!